Hi everyone. I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD with 178k miles that I'm looking to sell or possibly trade. I'm not in a bind or anything since this truck is my daily driver and in good shape. I'm just wanting to test the waters and see what deals are out there as I am fairly certain someone in this community would have a use for this type of vehicle and I think making deals is plain fun so here we go...
The truck is 2 wheel drive and I have replaced the following components recently:
- Spark plugs
- Front and Rear KYB Excel-G Shocks
- Mass Airflow Sensor
- Fuel Pump Assembly
- Tailgate Latch Bezel
Truck is in good condition. A/C works, cloth seats, carpet floors, power windows/locks/mirrors/etc, window tint, 6.0L Vortec Engine, automatic transmission, bed has mount installed for 5th wheel/gooseneck hitch, towing package, 6'6" bed, tires are good.
The known issues this vehicle has are:
- Some of the gauges on the instrument cluster don't work sometimes. This is a common issue for this generation of sierra/silverado and the fix is cheap, $100-$300 depending on if you DIY or pay someone to fix it. The speedometer and tachometer always work however, so actually the fuel, oil pressure, trans temp, engine temp, and battery gauge will not work sometimes when you start it which does not affect operation/performance at all.
- A/C will blow hot once in a while but if you turn the truck of then on again it will be fine. This is another issue common with these trucks, I havent looked into making a repair yet as it happens once in a while and like I said is fixed with a power cylce, but I am sure its a cheap fix.
- Speakers are kinda going out as far as quality, they do work but if you try to turn volume up too loud the bass and treble start getting distorted. Again, a non-issue for me but not an expensive fix if your big on car audio.
- There are one or two dents/dings on the body.
Engine does not leak any fluids. Truck is reliable and ready to work. It would make a good toy hauler, ranch/work truck, or even daily driver. I'm willing to let anyone seriously interested test drive and/or have your mechanic look at it. I will consider offers that are reasonable, again I am not desperate to sell and am just fine keeping it. I will only accept cash or cashier's check in person at your bank. I do have clear blue Texas title in hand.
I am looking to sell for $5,900 or trade ($6,900 value) for the following:
- High end safe/vault
- gun collections, I'd be particularly interested in a cz scorpion, precision rifle, nice AKs, 9mm Glocks, nice factory built ARs
- maybe a car
- throw me your offer, I'm curious to see whats out there, worst I can say is no. I'm really just looking for fun, interesting deals.